KARNATAKA SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES ASSOCIATION (KASSIA)
KASSIA is a pre eminent MSME Association based in Bangalore. Set up in the year 1949, the organization was founded by R. S. Aradhya, a freedom fighter, initially with a membership of 15.
The objectives of the institution were to promote small enterprises in the Country at a time enterprise was a rare phenomenon. The focus therefore had to be on motivating the first generation entrepreneurs to set up industry particularly manufacturing with a view to function as ancillaries and components suppliers to the medium and large scale enterprises both in the public domain and the private sector.
Over the years, KASSIA has grown into a huge organization of micro and small enterprises with the membership of over 12,124 today with 127 Affiliated Associations.
KASSIA is a premier institution which represents the interests of SMEs in the State and the Country having representation in all the major Government committees including the membership of the MSME Board in New Delhi, besides the committees and the Boards in the State such as KSSIDC, among others.
KASSIA is run by a Council of Management elected annually with President, Vice President and Hon. General Secretary and other Office Bearers. KASSIA functions as the eyes and ears of MSMEs and vigorously takes up with the Government the policy issues that concern the sector with regular interfaces. Today, KASSIA has a national and international reach and exchanges delegations with important regions of the World besides participating in fairs and exhibitions to benefit members and SMEs in general.
KASSIA is an ISO 9001-2015 certified organization and also has accreditation with QCI under the scheme of Industry Associations / Business Membership Organizations.
KASSIA works through different committees with the support of a well staffed Secretariat and state of the art infrastructure.
KASSIA has the following specialized centres /services for the benefit of members;
- KASSIA Skill Development Centre
- KASSIA Credit Co-operative Society Ltd.,
- Kassia Centre of Excellence & Innovation (KCOE&I)
- KASSIA News Letter
- Promotion, Visibility and Branding of our member companies
- KASSIA portal kassia.org.in
- Product wise information about kassia members
- Buyer Seller information
- National & International Tender notification
- Marketing leads, B2B Meetings
- Promote Inter Business relationship among members
- Information on Incentives, concessions and support services
- Information on various policies, Notifications and government orders
- Organising interactive meetings & opportunities to members to take part in discussions
- MSME Handbook for information on Government of India, Government of Karnataka schemes & contacts
- Presenting collective voice before government on the grievances of our members which impact growth of MSMEs
- Apprise government on policy matters supporting MSME
- Helpdesk-GST, VAT, MSME Data bank, Banking and Finance
- Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDP)
- KASSIA-Suvarna TV-Kannada Prabha – Ujwala Udyami Awards